Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Home made ravioli, Chicken parmesan alfredo recipe, self sufficiency, mad kitchen skills self suffiency

Had a great time on my date yesterday with my new love.  I met  my new Kitchenaid in the kitchen at about 1 in the afternoon and we danced for 2 hours.  Together we made perfect homemade raviolis.  Feral Jane, who comes from a noble line of east coast Italian immigrants insists that good pasta can only be made by hand. But me and KA rocked the ravioli last night. I used the recipe on the back of the Red Mill  semolina bag (very simple: semolina,eggs,salt,olive oil and water) and let it knead for a good 12 minutes.  Rolled it out paper thin and dropped spoonfuls of my  "i don't need no stinkin' recipe" chicken parmesan on it. Wrapped it and then sealed the edges with a fork.  Once they were cooked ,I used a little pesto sauce  to coat them. My Chicken parmesan filling was  done this way.....
1 tablespoon of butter, 1/4 cup heavy cream, 1 tablespoon each dried basil, dried, thyme, dried parsley,1 teaspoon diced garlic, brought it to  a boil and added  1/4 cup  parmesan and one 4 ounce piece of garlic chicken  left over from the night before, diced very tiny. Whisked it until it was creamy and thick and let it cool for about 20 minutes before filling the raviolis with it.
Our salad came from the winter garden,  which is sprouting anew right now... baby spinach,baby collards, a red shallot , a sprinkle of  crumbled feta, some grated carrot with  a few dried cranberries and candied  walnuts for zing....... topped with a vinaigrette of home made red wine vinegar and olive oil........ And  homemade garlic bread.
I was just so dog gone proud of dinner last night....... The vegetables and herbs were all homegrown . The red wine vinegar was homemade (yes some of the red wine used to make it was home made as well).
All I need now is a cow, a goat, a  couple of wheat fields, some sugar beats  and a salt mine to be completely self sufficient.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're please with the results... just tell me you didn't use any regular flour & all else is forgiven ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Readers