Saturday, May 21, 2011

Rapture thoughts, naked in Seattle, Pink beer bellies, biomass, camouflage, Illegal weed in Texas

Never one to let a hot topic go by without  interjecting my own thoughts...... The Rapture? Today?  Uhhmmmm.... Its been a long time since  the bible was shoved down my throat by well meaning folk but I do remember a few things.... I think......  Wasn't there only supposed to be seats on the rapture train for 144,000?  ( not 200,000,000).  Seems to me that  IF it does happen today.... nobody is even going to notice, seeing as how the world is sitting at about pop 8 billion or so.  And about the world ending today?...... Arent we supposed to have a thousand years of peace after they are gone and before the Armageddon?   That's what I remember. But it has been a few years  since I read revelations  with fear and trepidation.  The one thing  I  know is that....... well..... I'm gonna be here tomorrow. Cuz somebody has to feed and water the chickens,cat,turtle, goldfish AND the talking palm tree in the computer room.   I have a rug to finish, a painting on the easal which promises to be a masterpiece and 3 more weeks of  a printmaking class which I paid (a lot)  for.    I have responsibilities ..... I cant just run off to heaven and party.  'sides.... yahweh has expressed a distaste for  mouthy women.  That 's outta the way.
Fairy Moss. (I LOVE the name) Got some for the pond yesterday.   Why?  There has been a heron sighting in the hood.  I would like to give the new fish  a  fighting chance.  So, I got this great water cover at Sky Nursery.   I'm hoping it will provide  some camouflage for them.  Turns out  this stuff is the bomb.   Its not only camouflage, its also fish food, high biomass for the compost, excellent livestock feed for the chickens, an anti-larval  for mosquitoes AND  it grows fast.  By all internet accounts its a miracle water weed. Oh and its illegal in Texas.  Got to appreciate  the merits of ANY weed that is illegal in texas.
We here in Seattle were treated to our first day of the year to crack 70.   So, naturally, the whole neighborhood was instantly naked!  And within 1 hour.... sunburned.  There were  bright pink beer bellies strutting and swaggering all up and down the block.  I myself put on the rarely used bikini and   read on a blanket in the backyard surrounded by a VERY high fence ( Cuz I'm not nearly as proud of my glowing pale ,aging, flab as the guy across the street.).  I too am a bit sunburned this rainy dark morning. I don't normally lay out in the sun, but I knew it would be gone today and I wanted a souvenir.  I got one..... all over the back of my legs. Yay! Ouch! YaY!
The garden loved the sun too. I swear my onions and carrots grew an inch yesterday. And Yes.... every time the sun comes out I blog about it. Cuz its such a rare thing  in these here parts!  

1 comment:

  1. I have a whole story about fairy moss I will tell you when I see you. It's just not the same fairy moss you're talking about. The word jarred my memory of something in my childhood. Glad the fishies have a bit of a leg up. Herons are awesome, but attacking an innocent goldfish pond just seems mercenary.

    ReplyDelete

Readers