Monday, December 13, 2010

Lazy sunday, Purple and blue cookies, How could you do something so appalling? Flour sack cookie recipe, Seattle sand bagging

Rainy, floody, western wa.  So, what do you do when everyone around you is sandbagging their driveways?  Why..... make sugar cookies in your pajamas, of course.   That was yesterday..... We never changed out of our pajamas. Jimmy might have moved all of about 6 minutes between 9 am and 5 p.m. yesterday...How do I know this? Because every move he made disturbed my semi-dozing state.  I rousted myself  at about 3 o'clock  to go make cookies. But only because I wanted a cookie and for NO OTHER REASON.  In a fine nose snubbing of the holiday, I  made the frosting for them baby blue and purple!  Cuz I'm an artist and  they are MY cookies and  I can paint them any color I want.  Anyway.... no stirring could be found in the Frankie and Jimmy household  until 5 pm when the hyperactive neighbors showed up.  These enterprising folk were up and dressed and out of their house by the crack of noon for some frenzied xmas shopping. When we slowmo answered the manic  tapping of the door.... There they stood, appalled at the scene before them. Unwashed and undressed, sitting in a bed of cookie crumbs is how they found us.(shamelessly grinning from ear to ear no less) .  Waving her arms frantically the neighbor lady chirped "You haven't done ANYTHING all day?" I replied ..."I made cookies....want one?".  And then all hell broke loose..  OH MY GOD THEY ARE PURPLE AND BLUE!  THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE RED AND GREEN! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?!?!!!!!!!!
And then she started to cry......ok..... not really, but she did look disappointed and in an admonishing tone of voice said "you are such a grinch."
I verbalized no response because the only thought in my head was  "really?... It....it .. took you five years to figure that out?". 
I heave a heavy sigh here and hold the delightful image of the laziest Sunday in recent history.....Hoping it will be enough to get me through all the crap I have to get done today.
And just an FYI  for those who care. The recipe I used for the sugar cookies? .... I got off the back of the flour bag.  How lazy is that?

1 comment:

  1. I love you long time for your purple and blue cookie crumbs and day-wear PJ's. I know I owe you a call...coming soon, I promise! I will call you tomorrow from my office, and mark myself out as a "phone appointment" :)

    ReplyDelete

Readers