IF you love cookies! IF you love Brownies! This is THE chocolate cookie recipe!
This came from the 2011 Farmers Almanac. To make these Chocolate Paradise Cookies you will need......
3/4 cup butter
9 oz unsweetened bakers chocolate
3 cups white granulated sugar
1 tbs vanilla extract
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
3 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups walnuts
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Then you will need to do this:
1. Beat together eggs, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy
2. Melt chocolate and butter together gently. (recipe says use a double boiler, but I don't have one so I used the microwave) Don't put directly on stove top because it will scorch.
3. Add melted chocolate and butter to eggs and sugar, beat well.
4. Add walnuts to chocolate mixture gently
5. In a separate bowl.... put flour, salt and baking powder, mix well
6. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture 1/2 cup at a time
7. Let stand for 4 to 24 hours in refrigerator. (I did both 4 hours and 24 hours, results were the same)
8. Roll into balls (I found 1 inch balls to be ideal)
9.Roll balls of cookie dough in powdered sugar, place on parchment paper on cookie sheet
10. This is really important........ Bake in oven on exactly 325 degrees for exactly 13 minutes.
They will be soft centered and puffy when you pull them out. Even if you think they are not done..... they are.
These are so good that when we got down to the last 5 or 6 cookies ...Jimmy started getting twitchy and was afraid of running out and asked for more to be made. Jimmy is my coal mine canary and can be trusted to give instinctual responses to stimuli. His response to these cookies was fall over dead happy! And we all know by now..... that if they weren't perfect .....Jimmy would be the first one to complain.
In response to a reader comment I have tried to add photos. I'm not a good photographer but here they are anyway. Trust me... The cookies are waaaaaaay better than the photos!